Hi, my name is Jane Chae, the CTO at Versett. We are looking for a Full Stack Senior Product Developer to join our growing team. As a member of a small team, the right person is someone who isn’t afraid to dig into hard problems in a variety of spaces. You might be working on building a new digital-first insurance business in the Caribbean market one day, and thinking through how to improve the rollout of 5G in Canada the next.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we plot the future growth of the team. We touch on most projects at Versett, work closely with the New Business team, and put out thoughtful research and resources to grow the Versett name.
Versett is the ‘team behind the team’ of successful apps, software and platforms around the world with clients like American Express, TD Bank, and Getty Images. Each month, millions of people use the platforms, apps, and tools we have built.
At Versett, we have a mission to be the preferred partners of ambitious organizations looking to grow in the modern technology-driven economy. We accomplish this by partnering client teams with our dedicated product teams to produce world class solutions. Each client initiative we take on expects that we move the needle in a meaningful way, which requires each team member to act primarily as a consultant rather than an order taker. Our development group plays a critical role in the definition and delivery of our partner engagements. We rely on our Solutions Architects to determine how to build, and more importantly when to build versus finding solutions that require no code.
As a Full Stack Senior Product Developer , you will be designing and building innovative, leading edge solutions to solve complex business problems. Our development team plays a critical role in the definition and delivery of our partner engagements. You will be solving complex technical problems on client projects working alongside the rest of our Engineering team. Delivering quality code across our technical stack, you will work cross functionally with Product Design led by Chris Govias and Strategy led by Hamilton Jones to build scalable and reliable solutions positively impacting our client’s businesses. Versett was founded on a shared vision of a place where we can create meaningful work collaboratively, while continuing to grow and learn as individuals.
Versett works globally and we are looking to build our team in Calgary, AB and Toronto, ON.
- Driving the success of our products through strong technical delivery, project delivery, and peer enablement.
- Working alongside Solution Architects and Lead Engineers doing tangible client project work, with exposure to clients meetings and discussions.
- Works with Engineering Lead to understand goals and priorities and strategically approach their work. There is a high level of accountability: an SPE should be able to tactically adjust work to meet shifting timelines and requirements, and speak into the need to increase, decrease, or change scope.
- Receiving and giving peer mentorship through knowledge sharing.
- Delivering on high-quality code, meeting our Design and Code standards with the aim of exceeding them
- Drive value through consistently requiring few iterations on their work and by avoiding critical architectural errors. There should be a focus on thinking first: proposals, outlines, and diagrams should precede complex feature work.
- Contributing to Project delivery that is on time, within budget, and with client satisfaction.
- Delivery of Functional and Technical Design documentation
- Look for opportunities for improving the transition from business development to project team.
- Identifying strategic opportunities in projects for improved delivery
- A commitment from us to your professional development through annual learning plans, dedicated budget and team events.
Key Success Indicators
- Consistent Delivery of high quality code and meeting/exceeding our code standards
- Documentation of well considered technical architecture for complex feature work
- Creation of tangible outputs showing core competency across our stack
- Mentorship of peers through knowledge sharing
- Consistent Identification of strategic opportunities in projects for improved delivery
- Proficiency in software design architecture and development.
- Minimum 5 years using modern UI Technologies stack: React JS, Typescript, CSS, HTML, and Node JS, Graph QL or can display equivalent skill level
- Experienced in Full Stack development
- You have a strong understanding of Cloud Technologies capabilities creating and managing Cloud hosting providers like AWS and Azure
- Strong with Backend design and development technologies like Postgres, MongoDB, or MySQL
You are a solutions-oriented person and have owned and built solutions from inception through to launch.
- Attention to detail and have testing experience and an understanding of QA Process and quality principles
- You have an understanding of Agile methodologies and project structures.
- You have client-facing experience.
- You are able to deliver high-quality code, meeting our code standards with the aim of exceeding them.
- You have proficiency in design patterns and industry development best practices.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Are a strong team player, collaborator, and mentor to other engineers
- Communicates effectively and works well with a diverse, cross disciplinary team
Bonus, if you have:
- You have Data Analytics and Mobile web architecture experience
- You have experience working with Java or .Net, and iOS, Swift, Objective C
- You have experience implementing DevOps
- You have MicroServices Design and development experience
The Behaviours We Value At Versett:
- You’re naturally curious, self-motivated, and always looking to learn more.
- You are supportive of others and enjoy sharing knowledge.
- You have a collaborative mindset and have empathy for your users, clients, project team and co-workers
- Remote 1 hour interview with Jane Chae, CTO and Kwan Tan, Project Director
- Remote Technical Challenge Test
- Remote 1.5 -hour peer interview with a Panel of Solution Architects and Technical Leads
- Remote 30-min interview with Jessie Hurd, Director of People & Culture
- Conduct references
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
- Inclusive benefits (including group benefits and paid parental leave).
- Friday socials and Show 'n Tells.
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- The hardware/software setup you need.
- "Take the time you need" vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to inclusion.
Versett is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes. Every resume is reviewed by a human and that process takes time. To ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process we take a high level of care with every application. Our process may be a bit longer than others because we take an inclusive and intentional approach to review every application we receive.