Hi, my name is Jane Chae, the CTO at Versett. We are looking for a Mobile Solutions Architect to join our growing team. As a member of a small team, the right person is someone who isn’t afraid to dig into hard problems in a variety of spaces. You might be working on building a new digital-first global business in the European market one day, and thinking through how to improve the rollout of 5G in Canada the next.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we plot the future growth of the team. We touch most projects at Versett, work closely with the New Business team, and put out thoughtful research and resources to grow the Versett name.
Versett is the ‘team behind the team’ of successful apps, software and platforms around the world with clients like Rogers, American Express, TD Bank, and Getty Images. Each month, millions of people use the platforms, apps, and tools we have built.
At Versett, we have a mission to be the preferred partners of ambitious organizations looking to grow in the modern technology-driven economy. We accomplish this by partnering client teams with our dedicated product teams to produce world class solutions. Each client initiative we take on expects that we move the needle in a meaningful way, which requires each team member to act primarily as a consultant rather than an order taker. Our development group plays a critical role in the definition and delivery of our partner engagements. We rely on our Solutions Architects to determine how to build, and more importantly when to build versus finding solutions that require no code.
As the Mobile Architect, you will be leading a team to design and build innovative, leading edge mobile solutions to solve complex business problems. You will also help elevate the development team, through mentorship and setting the bar for what quality software looks like. Delivering quality code across our technical stack, you will work cross functionally with Product Design led by Chris Govias and Strategy led by Hamilton Jones to build scalable and reliable solutions positively impacting our client’s businesses. Our team is tight-knit and built on the philosophy of "learn better, faster". Versett was founded on a shared vision of a place where we can create meaningful work collaboratively, while continuing to grow and learn as individuals.
Versett works globally and we are looking to build our team in Calgary, AB and Toronto, ON.
- Driving the success of our products through strong technical leadership, project delivery, and peer enablement.
- Mentoring peers through knowledge sharing and peer enablement.
- Identifying development efficiencies and automation opportunities
- Proposing technical solutions for new business opportunities and challenges so projects run efficiently.
- Collaborating with the Product Design and Management teams to help ensure quality and performance of new designs.
- Building enterprise mobile products in complex global development environments
- Working alongside Solution Architects and Technical Leads doing tangible client project work, with exposure to clients meetings and discussions.
- Works with Technical Lead to understand goals and priorities and strategically approach their work.
- There is a high level of accountability: a Mobile Architect should be able to tactically adjust work to meet shifting timelines and requirements, and speak into the need to increase, decrease, or change scope.
- Delivering on high-quality code, meeting our Design and Code standards with the aim of exceeding them
- Drive value through consistently requiring few iterations on their work and by avoiding critical architectural errors. There should be a focus on thinking first: proposals, outlines, and diagrams should precede complex feature work.
- Contributing to Project delivery that is on time, within budget, and with client satisfaction.
- Delivery of High Level Architecture and Technical Design documentation
- Look for opportunities for improving the transition from business development to project team.
- Identifying strategic opportunities in projects for improved delivery
- A commitment from us to your professional development through annual learning plans, dedicated budget and team events.
- Client facing experience and strong business acumen and communications skills
- Expert in IOs Technologies: Swift, Objective C
- Expert in Android development platforms including Android SDK, Java, Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp, Dager, Unit, Espresso,
- Experience developing hybrid development using Flutter, React Native
- Experience with Application tracking and monitoring tools like Firebase and Dynatrace
- Experience with architecture patterns (MVVM, MVC) and Test-Driven Development
- You are an expert in software design architecture and development.
- You have experience coaching and guiding a Development team.
- You are an expert in modern frontend JS libraries and
- Experienced with Cloud Technologies like AWS/Azure platforms.
- You can provide technical direction for Versett Solutions through implementing extensive design and architecture concepts.
- You have a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and project structures.
- You have built large software implementations and enterprise class applications.
- You have client-facing experience.
- You have designed generic solutions using common frameworks and toolkits.
- You are tool-flexible enough to work with whatever we choose next, and have the confidence to make those recommendations.
- You are able to deliver high-quality code, meeting our code standards with the aim of exceeding them.
- You can identify and implement industry development best practices.
- Proficiency with architecting solutions that drive the DevOps culture and delivers incremental value using CI/CD pipelines, automation, configuration management, DevOps tools and other DevOps practices
- Experience with architecting and delivering enterprise-grade mobile applications using Java for both cloud and mobile applications
- Capability with leveraging Architecture styles and patterns for custom application development such as microservices and event-driven architecture,
- Experience working in an agile environment to create and evolve the solution architecture
Bonus, if you have:
- You have Data Analytics experience
- You have experience working with open-source and the surrounding ecosystems like ReactJS, Node JS, CSS Modules, Apollo, etc., Java or .Net, Graph QL, Typescript
- You have experience implementing DevOps
- You have experience with modern relational or non-relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- You have MicroServices Design and development experience
THE BEHAVIORS WE VALUE AT VERSETT:
- You’re naturally curious, self-motivated, and always looking to learn more.
- You are supportive of others and enjoy sharing knowledge.
- You have a collaborative mindset and have empathy for your users, clients, project team and co-workers
- Phone screen with Jade, Talent Advisor from Bloom.
- Remote 1 hour interview with Jane Chae, CTO
- Remote Coding challenge
- Remote 1-hour peer interview with Architects, Technical Leads
- Remote 30-min interview with Jesie Hurd, Director of HR
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
- Inclusive benefits (including group benefits and paid parental leave).
- Friday socials and Show 'n Tells.
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- The hardware/software setup you need.
- "Take the time you need" vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to equity and inclusion.
Versett is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes. Every resume is reviewed by a human and that process takes time. To ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process we take a high level of care with every application. Our process may be a bit longer than others because we take an inclusive and intentional approach to review every application we receive.