Hi, my name is Jane Chae, the CTO at Versett. We are looking for a Senior Enterprise Solution Architect to join our growing team. As a member of a small team, the right person is someone who isn’t afraid to dig into hard problems in a variety of spaces. You might be working on building a new digital-first insurance business in the Caribbean market one day, and thinking through how to improve the rollout of 5G in Canada the next.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we plot the future growth of the team. We touch most projects at Versett, work closely with the New Business team, and put out thoughtful research and resources to grow the Versett name.
Versett is the ‘team behind the team’ of successful apps, software and platforms around the world with clients like American Express, TD Bank, and Getty Images. Each month, millions of people use the platforms, apps, and tools we have built.
At Versett, we have a mission to be the preferred partners of ambitious organizations looking to grow in the modern technology-driven economy. We accomplish this by partnering client teams with our dedicated product teams to produce world class solutions. Each client initiative we take on expects that we move the needle in a meaningful way, which requires each team member to act primarily as a consultant rather than an order taker. Our development group plays a critical role in the definition and delivery of our partner engagements. We rely on our Solutions Architects to determine how to build, and more importantly when to build versus finding solutions that require no code.
As the Senior Enterprise Solution Architect, you will provide technical and business domain leadership throughout the software development lifecycle, from Pre-sales to architecture design, development and deployment, based on your experience with modern cutting edge technologies.
You will also help elevate the engineering on the team, through mentorship and setting the bar for what quality software looks like. Delivering quality code across our technical stack, you will work cross functionally with Product Design led by Chris Govias and Strategy led by Hamilton Jones to build scalable and reliable solutions positively impacting our client’s businesses. Our team is tight-knit and built on the philosophy of "learn better, faster". Versett was founded on a shared vision of a place where we can create meaningful work collaboratively, while continuing to grow and learn as individuals.
Versett works globally and we are looking to build our team in Calgary, AB and Toronto, ON.
- Providing technical consultation to prospects and clients, regarding frameworks, methodologies, off-the-shelf products and custom solutions for the client's enterprise or their application's architectural needs
- Responsible for leading strong architecture practices, especially for large enterprise applications (including microservices, enterprise application, e-commerce, digital marketing technology, CMS, and system integration)
- Responsible for the optimization of development practices and environments, providing hands-on assistance through code reviews and providing reference examples
- Troubleshooting for performance, scalability and availability issues for integrated solutions, and debugging production problems
- Leading technical pre-sales activities, including providing estimations, quotations, and solutions for proposals
- Coaching and mentoring technical architects and developers on the team
- Provide continuous support and guidance to less senior colleagues through regular coaching activities and support them in fulfilling their personal development plans
- Driving the success of our products through strong technical leadership, project delivery, and peer enablement.
- Mentoring peers through knowledge sharing and peer enablement.
- Identifying development efficiencies and automation opportunities
- Proposing technical solutions for new business opportunities and challenges so projects run efficiently.
- Collaborating with the Product Design and Management teams to help ensure quality and performance of new designs.
- A commitment from us to your professional development through annual learning plans, dedicated budget and team events.
- You have hands on experience transformation monolith to microservices architecture
- You have strong client facing communication skills
- You are an expert in software design architecture and development.
- You have experience coaching and guiding a Software Engineering team.
- You are an expert in modern frontend JS libraries and experienced with Cloud Technologies.
- You have experience working with open-source and the surrounding ecosystems like ReactJS, Node JS, CSS Modules, Apollo, etc., Java or .Net, and iOS, Swift, Objective C, Graph QL, Typescript (Java Experience over DotNet preferred).
- You are a solutions-oriented person and have owned and built solutions from inception through to launch.
- You can provide technical direction for Versett Solutions through implementing extensive design and architecture concepts.
- You have a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and project structures.
- You have built large software implementations and enterprise class applications.
- You have client-facing experience.
- You have designed database solutions and have experience tuning a database for scalability and performance.
- You have designed generic solutions using common frameworks and toolkits.
- You are tool-flexible enough to work with whatever we choose next, and have the confidence to make those recommendations.
- You are able to deliver high-quality code, meeting our code standards with the aim of exceeding them.
- You can identify and implement industry development best practices.
Bonus, if you have:
- You have Data Analytics and Mobile web architecture experience
- You have experience implementing DevOps
- You have experience with modern relational or non-relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- You have MicroServices Design and development experience
The Behaviors We Value At Versett:
- You’re naturally curious, self-motivated, and always looking to learn more.
- You are supportive of others and enjoy sharing knowledge.
- You have a collaborative mindset and have empathy for your users, clients, project team and co-workers
- Remote 1.5 hour interview with Jane Chae, CTO, solution Architects
- Remote 1-hour peer interview with Technical leads
- Remote 30-min interview with Jessie Hurd, Director of People & Culture
- Conduct references
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
- Inclusive benefits (including group benefits and paid parental leave).
- Friday socials and Show 'n Tells.
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- The hardware/software setup you need.
- "Take the time you need" vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to inclusion.
Parental Leave policy
Versett is committed to supporting it's new parents and their families. We offer:
- 12 weeks of continued Medical Coverage Job Security
- 10 weeks of eligible NYPFL benefits
- 6 weeks of paid leave for qualified employees
Versett is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes. Every resume is reviewed by a human and that process takes time. To ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process we take a high level of care with every application. Our process may be a bit longer than others because we take an inclusive and intentional approach to review every application we receive.